Fairtrade International (FLO), the dominant certifier of Fair Trade products worldwide, released its 2011-12 annual report. The report elaborates on producer impact stories, select FLO producer programs, sales by consumer country and by product type, FLO financials, and descriptions of governance & staff.
Some new highlights include:
- North African producers launch new regional Fairtrade network, joining Fairtrade Africa governance
- 47% of FLO budget spent on direct services for producers, up from 42% in 2010
- Major new commitments from Mars and Puma, among others
- Fairtrade Standards available for 300 raw products, 3x more than in 2006
- 1400 producers asked for their input on standards in 2011 – almost half responded.
- Fairtrade products are available to consumers in over 120 countries
- Shoppers spent €4.9bn on Fairtrade products in 2011, 12% more than 2010
For more highlights and the full report, visit FLO post